Hello everyone! Here we are again one more year gone by. It’s definitely scary to see and realise the older we get how fast life goes by and with a blink of an eye we are here today and tomorrow not. That’s why to me life gets a totally different meaning with the years. At present, I feel more grounded and conscious that we only have today to live to the fullest with the people you love.
Holidays and Christmas have arrived and with it an extra special time to celebrate and get together with friends, colleagues and family. But this also means a time to get creative dressing up, decorating and gifting perfect presents. This time, I would like to share some ideas to inspire and to get you ready for the best time of the year.
I would like to start off with a list of some of the secrets I realised make my life way much more meaningful and fuller:
- Make a positive difference in someone else’s life. Whenever I find myself frustrated or wondering why things are not happening, I get off my head and do my best to make a positive difference in someone’s life.
- Do something you enjoy each day. This one it’s quite important because I feel that a lot of the frustration and unhappiness of people happen because in many cases we are not happy with what we are doing. This is why I find it crucial to keep ourselves sane to do something you enjoy each day. Can be a hobby, your job or any extra activities that fill and lift up the spirit. For example, I love cooking, so when I have time and I’m not tired I like to prepare yummy dishes. I like blogging, and as you can see once in a while I arrange shootings with my team to prepare quality material to write these posts, or I love going to the parks and walk my dogs and the list goes on.
- Challenge yourself daily. Stop comparing yourself and step up your game by not worrying what the other one is doing in any situation because you can’t control the other guy, you only have control over yourself. Like Oprah Winfrey once said: “It’s like running a race, the energy that takes to look behind to see what the other one is doing, it’s energy that you take away from you and if they are too close it scares you. It is not about the other guy, it’s about you and what you can do. You just need to run that race as hard as you can and give everything you’ve got for yourself”. I challenge myself daily in everything I do no matter what it is by giving everything I’ve got because I want to make the difference.
I don’t know about you guys but I’m always a last minute holiday shopper and many times it’s really difficult to find the perfect present. Therefore, I would like to also list a few ideas for last minute holiday gifts that I think always work.
- Champagne. For me is the ultimate holiday party gift, a bottle of bubbles always, always work. Believe me!
- Candles. It’s not boring if you go for a beautiful decorative set of candles for dining tables. I just bought a set of black elegant candles to decorate the dining table for a special occasion.
- Beauty gifts. For me nothing says more holiday season than a red lip or red nails.
- Books. A great cooking book, city guide or a great reading can never fail.
- A DIY body scrub. I think all women and lately also men like to get pampered. There’s thousands of easy diy recipes on pinterest to get crafty and creative and that’ll do for a special gift.
- Delicatessen. A box of fancy chocolates, pralines or macaroons (if available where you live) always do the job.
To warm up tomorrow the decoration of our christmas tree and get in the spirit I would like to drop a playlist with old time favourite christmas songs. Click to Oksana’s Christmas Playlist on the youtube link below to listen to some of the best xmas songs forever including Frank Sinatra, Jose Feliciano, Mariah Carey, Wham, Dean Martin and much more.
Last but not least, I’d like to finish up this post with a lovely look for the holiday season. This year it’s all about sparkling, glitter and shining bright like a diamond in everything from clothing, to make up to home decorating. I’m wearing a sequin bomber jacket that I accessorised with heart shape earrings with crystals and a sailor cap to give it a chic finish and an aid to battle the cold . It’s a simple look yet very glitzy and shiny perfect for christmas or new years.
Wish you all a Merry, Merry Christmas and amazing Holidays. Enjoy the playlist.
Bomber Jacket: Heidi Klum x Lidl
Leather optic leggings: Heidi Klum x Lidl
Boots: Dr. Martens
Sailor cap: Zara
Heart earrings: Top Shop
Photography and edition: Axel Kühne
Styling and makeup: Oksana Maxwell